iNDoorsMen Gaming
Please Login

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

iNDoorsMen Gaming
Please Login
iNDoorsMen Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSN password resets exploited, accounts compromised _again_

2 posters

Go down

PSN password resets exploited, accounts compromised _again_ Empty PSN password resets exploited, accounts compromised _again_

Post  [NDM]Sandtiger 18/05/11, 10:38 pm

PSN password resets exploited, accounts compromised _again_ PSNemail-thumb-640xauto-21857
Just two days after the PlayStation Network was restored after a near month-long outage, the PSN password page has apparently been exploited. According to reports, the exploit allows other users to reset your account password using only your e-mail address and date of birth. This personal data was made available to hackers during the initial PSN attack.

The issue was first reported by Nyleveia, which was contacted by an unnamed source who reportedly performed the hack on a dummy account, prompting an e-mail message confirming that the password had been changed. Similar reports on gaming forum NeoGAF show an identical situation, in which the user provided the necessary information only to receive two subsequent e-mails: one claiming that someone was attempting to change the account's password and requesting the user click on a confirmation link, and another confirming that the password had been changed.

"I never clicked the confirmation link," the user wrote. "So yeah... my password was successfully changed by someone else."

Currently, users cannot sign in to PSN via websites like PlayStation.com. Instead, a message appears stating that the "server is currently down for maintenance." Meanwhile, a recent message on Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Twitter feed reads "Fortunately we have got ISPs to release outstanding e-mails; unfortunately, a small amount of maintenance is required to improve this process." Followed soon after by "Clarification: this maintenance doesn't affect PSN on consoles, only the website you click through to from the password change email."

Nyleveia claims to have contacted SCEE directly after finding the exploit and that the system was taken down roughly 15 minutes after this happened.
[NDM]Sandtiger
[NDM]Sandtiger
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

PSN password resets exploited, accounts compromised _again_ Empty Re: PSN password resets exploited, accounts compromised _again_

Post  [NDM]CyD 20/05/11, 10:45 pm

I can log in and play multiplayer games now. But the PS store is still under maintence. Hope they didnt hack my shit. I think they are just fucking with sony not the single end user. . .at least thats what I hope.
[NDM]CyD
[NDM]CyD
Clan Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum